SO, ok. I don't wanna be a traitor to my generation and all, but I don't get the way people feel about pumpkin these days! I mean sure it's good, but my favorite sweet fall flavor has got to be spiced apple! (#appleeverything probably isn't trending but that's ok).
If you're into that spiced apple scene, it just so happens that my sweet friend Stacy has JUST the recipe for you, and she is letting me share it here for you today! Stacy Toth is part of the Paleo Parents team, and they have just done a beautiful rebrand to REAL EVERYTHING, and it's worth popping over to their new blog to poke around. They've got recipes, travel tips, discounts to popular products and lots more- and their own personal stories and journeys about how paleo transformed their family and their health is pretty powerful and most definitely worth a read.
Now, for them apples! How dreamy do these look? The best part is you probably have everything you need to make these in your pantry right now! Get cookin and curl up with a bowl up this next to the fire while you watch the leaves fall outside.
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp butter (we recommend grass-fed, like Kerrygold)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 C pecans
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter until foamy.
- Add apple slices and saute until apples are golden brown.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Meanwhile, pulse pecans, butter, salt and spices until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Sprinkle over the top of the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Be sure you give Stacy & Matt at Real Everything a follow on the socials and let them know if you make this yummy recipe!